ST. MARY'S CHURCH

 

St. Mary's

 

St. Mary's Church
East Middle Patent and Hickory Kingdom Roads
Box 701
Bedford, NY 10506

St. Mary's was built in 1851 in the Middle Patent area of Bedford as a mission church of St. Matthew's. In early times, the rector of St. Matthew's would officiate at a morning service at St. Matthew's, then he would go on horseback to perform an afternoon service at St. Mary's. Today the rector of St. Matthew's rector continues as the rector of St. Mary's, although has its own vestry and administrative structure.

Services are held at St. Mary's during the fall and spring and at Thanksgiving and Christmas at 5 p.m. on Sunday. These are led by clergy, lay readers and parishioners of St. Matthew's, with diverse civic and religious leaders as guest speakers at each service. Many parishioners have chosen to be baptized or married in this lovely historic church.

 

See  St. Mary's 2014 Newsletter and Listing of Events