St. Mary's Church
St. Mary’s Church
East Middle Patent and Hickory Kingdom Roads
Bedford, NY 10506
St. Mary’s was built in 1851 in the Middle Patent area of Bedford as a mission church of St. Matthew’s. In early times, the rector of St. Matthew’s would officiate at a morning service at St. Matthew’s, then he would go on horseback to perform an afternoon service at St. Mary’s. Today the rector of St. Matthew’s continues as the rector of St. Mary’s, although has its own vestry and administrative structure.
Services are held at St. Mary’s during the fall and spring at 5 p.m. on Sundays, and on Thanksgiving Eve and December 23rd for Christmas . These are led by clergy, lay readers and parishioners of St. Matthew’s, with diverse civic and religious leaders as guest speakers at each service. Many parishioners have chosen to be baptized or married in this lovely historic church.
See St. Mary’s 2016 Newsletter and calendar of events